Friday, January 17, 2014

this week.

first signs of sunny spring; sunflowers at trader joe's

i always feel like i go through a slump after christmas. gone are the pine boughs, baked goods, festive appetizers, champagne cocktails, christmas music in every store i visit, the "happy holidays!" from friendly strangers, the lit up christmas trees in business and houses alike... i feel like there's an empty space where all that all-around joy was (not to mention, i miss all the ubiquitous rich food and cocktails... sigh). this is why i'm actively trying to find more things to celebrate and look forward to. between little impulse purchases (i bought potted daffodils and tulips at trader joe's last night), indulgent home-cooked meals, and planning meet-ups and trips (starting with my first restaurant week meal EVER with logan of windy city living at siena tavern and an extended trip to colorado in june for my friend beth's wedding), i feel like my days are already looking brighter. this weekend, matt and i are heading to his parent's house to celebrate his dad's birthday, hang out with their new puppy, and hopefully sneak in some antique shopping for our living room (we need a new coffee table desperately). here are some things that have been making my life brighter and happier recently. i hope you have a bright and happy weekend full of signs of spring!

frankie, my future best friend

mid-week pick me up

homemade breaded chicken with mushrooms and green beans, topped with parmesan cheese [i cannot take credit for this; my boyfriend is an amazing cook!]

milky coffee + bright blue wall

envelope pouch from boston + new tortoise shell reading glasses

paper source calendar from matt's mom, which is currently brightening up my desk 

what are you up to this weekend? 

xx.


4 comments:

  1. Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog! I loooove Trader Joe's flowers. I'm always so tempted to pick some up when I'm getting groceries! I am also really jealous of the Jimmy John's - I used to live in the south and they don't have any that I know of on the west coast!

    Champagne Lifestyle on a Beer Budget

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love cookies!!
    They always make me feel better, no matter what.

    {Teffy's Perks} X

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cannot wait for #CRW at Siena! Those flowers are gorgeous and just the kind of bright pick-me-up a girl needs for this blustery Chicago week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. cute photo! food looks so good!

    lifeisashoe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete